Wednesday, August 7, 2013

2013, I Like It...

"Everyone has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were." -Unknown

The year 2013. So much has happened & my life is very different in many ways. It's hard to know where to begin.

I guess I will start with where some of my previous posts left off. My ex boyfriend. I officially ended things with him in January after his other girlfriend & I both ended up at his house at the same time. At that moment I knew I couldn't do it any longer. I left his house and immediately changed my phone number. That was big for me. I had the same phone number for 14 years! Regardless, that didn't keep him from contacting me. He relentlessly sent me email after email. When I would block one email address, he would create a new one. These emails always had the same sad theme; I made a mistake, she is not the one for me, you are my soul mate and I can't live without you. Hilarious, right? Whats even more funny is that when I made it clear that I never wanted to hear from him again, he married that other girl. Yes, you read that right....married her. While I find it humorous on his part, I find it sad on hers. Who would let someone treat them that way for so long & then commit to spending the rest of their life with them? I am 100% completely over him but there is one thing that bothers me. I want to forget that part of my life. I want to pretend that entire situation did not happen. However, it will never be forgotten as long as they are together. Maybe I won't be thinking about it, but they will. How could they not? I will forever be in the back of their minds because you can't go through something like that and truly forget about it.

The next major change in my life was when I bought a townhouse! So exciting! I looked at homes for 11 days before finding the perfect one for me. I put in an offer and after a couple days of negotiations I signed a contract. On June 14th (60 days later) I closed on the house and began moving in. That weekend was insane. Everything that could possibly go wrong did (flat tire, no electricity, no water, etc.) I was beginning to feel like it was all a sign that I had made a mistake. Now I feel as though it just made me appreciate this beautiful place even more. It's crazy that my mortgage payment is over $100 less than what I was paying in rent and my new home is more than double the size of my previous apartment. I feel so lucky! I have spent the entire summer painting & shopping for new home decor. Every day when I walk in the front door (actually the garage door, ha) I look around and smile. I am so happy in my new home!

When I wasn't painting or shopping I was at work. That's right, I got a summer job. I know what you are thinking, isn't one of the greatest perks of being a teacher having summers off? Well, yes and no. It's amazing to have zero responsibility, but it's incredibly boring when you live alone & everyone else you know is at work all day. So I applied for a job at Lowe's and was hired two days later. The perfect place for a new homeowner to use an employee discount! Going into it I assumed I would last a few weeks and then want to quit so that I could enjoy the rest of my summer. However, I love my job at Lowe's! It's an easy job, it's fun, and my co-workers are amazing people. Also, there are lots of hot guys to look at all day...employees & customers too ;) I have made so many new friends and had a great time, all while getting paid. I really couldn't ask for more. Actually, I enjoy it so much that I made the decision to continue to work there a couple days a week after school starts. Once I got used to the extra money, I didn't really want to give it up. Plus, I would miss my new friends. :)

So there it is, my life in a nutshell. Many changes have occurred over the past six months and I have zero regrets. I can only hope and pray that the rest of the year is just as full of lovely surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment